Saturday, September 29, 2007

FO: A Thong

I made this thong quite a long time ago. This is a “between projects” project. After I finished with Orchid and still did not know what to make next. I just could not stand it if I did not have something in my hands. So I started this project.



Did I ever tell you that I love to crochet using fine thread and small needle? Sometimes I just had the urge to make project using small hook. This is one of the results. I love the result and it’s pretty comfy too.


The back

Pattern: My Own
Source: N/A
Materials: DMC Tradition size 10. Color: Natural. Qty: ½ ball.
Hook: Tulip Crochet Hook 1.8 mm



The Back Details

I just had the opportunity to take the photo recently. It’s kind of difficult to take this photo. For the lighting issue, I took this photo in the garden outside. I constantly looked around because afraid that the neighbors saw me doing it. Hehehehehe. It’s kind of difficult to explain why I needed to take photo of a thong. Hahahahahaha!

18 comments:

Cristina Salgueiro said...

Gorgeous! Does that really work? If you have tried and the answer in yes, can you send me the pattern? i would love to try. It is fantastic, really. love the flower....and it is in a very 'cute' spot,no? hehehehehe

Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

Oh... its a really sexy cute thong! Hmmm... yummy... sexy!
again... its sexy! haha

Mimi said...

Hahaha...you made my day, Lily, this really made me smile :) The photos are very good.
So cute, but how I wish you shown it on a model, even just on a mannequin...

bunchkin said...

Ooh, too cute! I want to make one! I've knit a thong before, but the crochet, it seems to be calling my name lately....

MelB said...

Wow love the thong! Thanks for the info - I am looking forward to the move and joining the craft forum. I just dont think there are LYS in Kuching where I am going to live- Might have to make quick trips to KL and Singapore!
I am interested in the Knit Picks Spree!

Monique said...

Ooh la la! You've gone and done it now! I love this. Love the ribbon. Love the flower. Love the color! Matching demi bra perhaps??

Lillysmuul said...

Great images!
Very lovely thong, so sexy! ;)

Jackie said...

wolala

Fight Hawaii Magazine said...

Aloha from Maui, Hawaii! Hi there. I just discovered your blog and I love it! You are an amazing designer.
Do you sell the pattern for the thong somewhere? I would love to try it!
thanks!

starrbegley@gmail.com

bhenggay said...

very very unique and pretty.. I never thought this is possible....great images too....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashly Dawn said...

wowza i love that. would love to make one up myself. Do you have the pattern for sale anywhere?

Lily said...

For this one, as per today 24 Oct 09, I still haven't wrote the pattern yet. Probably someday.

peagreen said...

Hi Lily
Have just found your blog after a couple of hours of seeing the same crocheted thongs.
I love yours - it is DEFINATELY the best one out there.
Is there any chance yet of a pattern???

Lily said...

Hi Pam, I still don't have the motivation to write this pattern. Probably someday.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.