Thursday, May 08, 2008

Picot Bind Off Using Crochet Hook Tutorial


My Favorite bind off is a picot bind off using crochet hook. I used it in my Sunshine Top, Empire Top, and also in Lauri Dress. I like it because it makes a very flexible edging.

I am not sure whether there is tutorial about it, but the one I know is in Knitty Fall 2006 using knitting needle. When I tried, I don't really like the result. It flares too much. Thus I used my own method using crochet hook. Use the smallest hook possible and the tighter the better.


Step 1: Slip 1 stitch purlwise from left needle to the right hook


Step 2: Take working yarn with hook and pull it through both stitches


Step 3: Result


Step 4: Make 2 chains


Step 5: Insert the hook to the same stitch (that you slip in step 2), take working yarn with hook and pull through both stitches


Step 6: You just made 1 picot. Repeat from Step 1.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Very good tutorial! I have to try this sometime.

Anonymous said...

Never thought about that! Good idea.

Cristina Salgueiro said...

Thank you for sharing. I'm going to try that one on my next project, and i do think a finish touch in crochet is always cute.

Нина Ржевская, Художник-кукольник. Nina Rzhevskaya, doll artist. said...

This is my favorite way to bind off now! Thanks for sharing!!!