Monday, March 21, 2011

Tutorial: easier way to make p2tog tbl for tight knitter

When I made Narnia, one of the stitch that is difficult for me to make was p2tog tbl (purl 2 together through the back loops). It was because I am a tight knitter. After some failed attemps to do this stitch repeatedly, in the end I used the 2 steps method. If you are a tight knitter like me, you might want to try this method:

1. Slip 2 stitches purlwise from left needle to right needle.




2. Reinsert the left needle along side the right one so both needles come out side by side, points together. Remove the right needle.



3. You have twisted the stitches just like below picture. All you have to do is just purl them off like normal p2tog.




See, easier to do, just takes longer because there are two steps. Try it yourself!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it...much easier. Rita in VA

Unknown said...

I will try this...taking longer is no problem...getting into the back of 2 stitches was doing me in!

Unknown said...

Works easily...at least easier than the one step method!!! Thank you....

Eight by Six said...

briliant and so easy, thank you. Amanda

Anonymous said...

I was looking for a simpler way to do the stitch p2 tog TBL, and you gave it to all of us. Thank you so much for this!
Linda