Saturday, January 30, 2010

FO: Sage Cardigan New Version

Probably you are wondering what had happened with my Sage Cardigan new version. Well.... It’s finished and I really like the result. However, it is a bit bigger than what I wanted it to be. It’s totally my fault that I didn’t do a swatch first. This yarn is very stiff and it hurt my hand when I knit with it, but once washed, it relaxed a lot and became very soft.

Below is the photo before washing. What do you think?

Pattern: Sage cardigan new version
Source: Will be released soon
Materials: Ella Rae Shibu 90% silk 10% viscose Color 20 dyelot 46
Qty: 10 x 50 gram (95 m / 205 yards per ball)
Needles: Addi Metal Circular Needle 4.00 mm
Cost: Yarn USD 39.99 + button (recycle button)
Start Date: 14 Oct 2009
Finish Date: 22 Nov 2009

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sisters Time

Fiory is on copy cat stage. Everything Lauri does, she also wants to do it. Lauri slept on the floor, she also wanted to sleep on the floor. Lauri hugged me, she also wanted to hug me. Lauri climbed the chair, she also wanted that. The lists are still go on.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lauri Drew This for Papa

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sneak Peak of My New Crocheted Shawl

Somewhere in mid November, while I was working on my Sage Cardigan New Version, I got the urge to make a shawl. Probably because I saw lots of gorgeous shawls in Ravelry (mostly knit). So I decided to design my own shawl, but crocheted version. I thought it would be easy, just open my crochet stitch dictionary book and choose the stitch that I like. Turn out that it didn’t as easy as I thought. I started many times and frogged too many times. My mind spinned with lots of ideas, but somehow when I crocheted the idea, it didn’t look good. I got many sleepless nights before finally I got the design that I like and satisfied with the result.

Now, I am making 2 versions of this shawl. One is scarf (smaller) and one is a shawl (bigger). I started the bigger version shawl using my Zephyr Wool-Silk 2/18 - Cone Black color held double. Halfway, I decided to put bead on it, so I ordered glass beads from ebay. While waiting for the beads to come, I started the scarf version. For the scarf version, I was using my leftover yarn of my crocheted blue top. It’s a DK cotton yarn, but I splitted into 3. I started 2 December and finished 17 December. I could finish it in a week, but putting the beads (I used local plastic beads) really took time.

I haven’t writen the pattern for this, so for temporary I just give you a sneak peak.