Thursday, October 04, 2007

Dahlia Top Crochet Pattern for Sale

I have a weakness on dress or top with empire waist cutting, it makes me look slim. Specially if it’s flair out on the bottom part. Combine with belled sleeves, and we have a winner.

You can make this top with cotton thread or yarn and it will be excellent for summer. Or you can make this with wool, wear it like a jacket and it’s perfect for Fall.
You can wear with a jeans, or you can wear it with a skirt for formal occasion. This top is must for your wardrobe.

This pattern is worked from top down, so you can try it as you go. Also this pattern will show you step by step how to incorporate your own measurement into the pattern. So it will fit you nicely.

This pattern comes with row-by-row written direction in US crochet term and charts.

Sizes: Custom fit
Needle: Your favourite needle. I use size 3.5 mm or US size E - 4
Yarn: Thread, fingering weight or lace weight or any yarn available. I used Cannon Thread size 8 (9 balls)
Yarn requirement: enough for your project
Thread: For size S (M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL) needs 1750 (1925, 2100, 2275, 2450, 2625) meter
Yarn: For size S (M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL) needs 2200 (2420, 2640, 2860, 3080, 3300) meter
Notion: Tapestry needle, 6 buttons (4 fancy and 2 plain), marker
Gauge: Variable
Difficulty: Experienced
Note: Since I always like the clarity of Japanese pattern in symbol, I would like also to use those symbol into my pattern beside the normal english written instruction. You can choose which one you prefer, but I suggest to use both.
Other people version of Dahlia
All entry about this project in my blog

Here is the few pages (total 26 pages) samples of how the pattern looks like:

Click on the button below to buy a copy. It will be sent to you in a zipped PDF file via email once payment is complete. Thanks!

US$ 6.00,-

add to cart

FO: Dahlia Top

Finally after long everdue, I managed to take the photos.

Pattern: Dahlia Top
Source: Here
Materials: Cannon Crochet Thread by Coats Manila Bay. 100% mercerized.
Size 8, 175 metres, Dye Lot No. 019496
Hook: Tulip Crochet Hook 3.5 mm (F)
Start Date: 29 June 2007
Finish Date: 7 Sept 2007

I love the result of this top. Yes, it took a long time to make (almost 3 months) but the result is worth it. It took a long time because I had to frog so many times. I think I could make almost 3 Dahlia if I didn’t have to frog.

I also love the transition between the sleeve and the body. I chose the solid motif for the body but when reach the sleeves it become lacy and transparent. All worked in the same round. I still amazed how I figured it out.

At first I thought I will use up 10 balls of thread, but in the end I only use 9. It’s because I change the sleeve a bit. Originally the belled sleeve part mimicked the dress part, but when I wore it, I found it a bit heavy. Thus, I changed with more lacy motif.

I also had difficulty with the collar, at first I used all single stitch, but the result was not nice, so I used the same motif like the body and it worked fine.
Actually the waist part a bit too tight for me. However, I frogged that part 2 times already. The third times, I don’t bother to try. Even it was still too tight, I was to lazy to frog. I am not fond of sc stitch. So I let it be. It’s cotton anyway, after used I am sure it will stretch.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Happy Birthday, Lauri!

Today Lauri is 3 years old. Time flies so fast.

Posed in front of the cake

Trying to show "3" using her fingers

Blowing the candles

Cutting the cake (actually it's an ice cream cake)

The earrings she wore actually not a real one. Lauri's grandparent bought a make-up play set. Inside got hairbrush, comb, hairdryer, hair-roller, eye-shadows, perfumes, and the earrings. When she saw the hairdryer, she immediately switched it on. Then when nothing happened, she said, "Mommy, no battery inside. Ask Papa to put battery so it can mmmm..... (immitated the sound of hairdryer)" Well, I was having a hard time explaining that it didn't need a battery.