Thursday, June 14, 2007

Orange Sunshine In DK Weight

Actually, I am planning to do my second crochet design. However, since the thread hasn’t arrived yet, I started this project.

I only had 5 balls of this yarn (need 8 balls to make S size), so I made the body very short. I finished my 4th ball right after the waist lace section. So I used my last ball until it barely covered my belly button. Then the left over yarn I devided into 2 to knit the sleeves. Since not much left, I just directly knit the seed stitch. So, I had no left over yarn. I used every scrap of yarn.


Pattern: My Own

Source: here

Materials: Cascade Yarns Pima Melange. Color: Dark Orange C300. Qty: 5 x 50 gram

Needles: Addi Metal Circular Needle 3.75 mm

Total Cost: Yarn USD 14.5 + Button: Free

Start Date: 22 May 2007

Finish Date: 3 June 2007 (Only 2 weeks!!)

Other post about this project


This time I weaved black ribbon on the sleeves lace pattern and attached a couple of black buttons on the front part to match. Oh, I also used short row in the bust area for a bit of ease. Last Sunday, I wore it to go to the Mall, dinner at non-AC restaurant, then took this photo in Penang Yacht Marina.

8 comments:

handknit168 said...

You do a great job on the sunshine with short sleeves. Beautiful and excellent.

Anonymous said...

Hi LilyGo,

Dk sunshine looks just as awesome as fingering sunshine. I'm going to persevere on, and complete the fingering weight however. Question for you, can you point me in the direction of how to do short row bust shaping? If you can point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful.

Necia

Susana Rodrigues said...

Cute
x0x0
Su

Julia (MindofWinter) said...

All of your designs are so pretty. I love the doily and K's dress as well.

Maria said...

Its lovely, I like what you did with the sleeves!

Jackie said...

Another nice piece of work.

Hawkesley said...

That is a very pretty top. I like the ribbons in the sleeves.

Anonymous said...

You just made those adjustments as you went along depending on how much yarn you had left??? Wow, I'm so impressed!!