Friday, April 02, 2010

Blue Crocheted Flower

I still have leftover yarn from my blue scarf. So I decided to make a flower using my no-seaming crocheted flower pattern. Near the end, I realized that I would not have enough yarn, so I modified it a bit and didn’t exactly follow the pattern. That’s why the final result not as “blooming” as the original one. And because the yarn I was using was lace weight, the size was also smaller. You can see from the below photo the size of the flower compared with my hand.







I used white flower button as a center. This button was once on Lauri dress, I saved the button and threw away the dress as it was too small for her and the condition of the dress too shabby too hand down to Fiori.

2 comments:

opportunityknits said...

Such a pretty flower, I like the button centre - nice touch you added. Have a Happy Easter, Lily!

Mimi said...

Hi Lily, that's pretty as the first one you made...cute button too!
I'm also working on a flower pattern to use up scraps of thread or yarn and also to use up some of my buttons and beads.