Friday, March 30, 2007

FO: Orchid Crocheted Top

Finished this top last Sunday, but only managed to post it today because I wanted to finish the pattern as well. I love the result better than Wild Rose, although Wild Rose is lighter. I guess it is because I used size 10 thread for Wild rose. I am thinking to make dress for Lauri using this pattern. Well, we’ll see.


I had these button from my old clothes, 1 pc big and 8 pcs smaller, I used them all (put the bigger one on top). I am also thinking to add purple satin/silk sash on the waist to give more glamorous look to it, but I don’t have purple silk in my stash. If I have to wait for my husband to drive me to the store to buy it, probably I have to wait until next year (well, probably not next year, but you get the idea).

Anyway, here Orchid with all her glory


Pattern: My Own
Source: Here
Materials: Elann Sonata. Color: Victorian Grape. Qty: 7 x 50 gram
Needles: 3.5 mm Tulip Crochet Hook
Total Cost: Yarn USD 20.61 (including shipping cost) + Button: Free
Start Date: 6 February 2007
Finish Date: 25 March 2007



See all post regarding this project

3 comments:

yuvee said...

WOW! When I go to Penang can we meet up so I can worship you? ;)

Anonymous said...

just beautiful! love the fit & drape. I bought some black sonata awhile back and was really dissappointed in how stiff and rough it was, fit only for making bags, belts, etc. Have you found that the different colors feel different? Your Orchid top sure looks like it was made from a completely different cotton than the stuff I bought! Or did you split the sonata for this project like you have on other occasions?

♥ KNITTING ART said...

Very nice project Dear Blogger :)
Have a perfect day!!!