Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My First Knitted Top Without Pattern


Actually this top was finished quite sometimes ago, but because at that time my camera was not back yet, I could not take a picture of it.

I made this top inspired by this pattern:


However, since I got the yarn very cheap (only RM 0.80 or USD 0.22/ball), it seemed such a waste to spend USD7.00 only for the pattern. I also thought, this would be a good knitting practice for me. If it is turn out not nice, I can simply throw it away and forget about it.


Pattern: My Own (inspired by Simple Knitted Bodice)
Source: NA
Materials: Croft Nylon DK, 100% nylon, 20 gram each, Made in England, Red Color (13 balls x 50 yards)
Needles: 3.5 mm Addi Turbo circular needle
Total Cost: RM 0.80 x 13 = RM10.40 or USD 2.80
Start Date: 20 Sep 2006
Finish Date: 27 Oct 2006


It turned out quite OK, although I wished that I knitted a bit longer before started the lace pattern on the waist, because as you can see on the photo, my bra was showing. Probably I should wear natural color bra if I wanted to wear this out. My original plan was to make the long sleeve version, but since this is not cotton, in the end I made short sleeve version so it would not too hot to wear out. The yarn itself was quite stretchy, so although I made this top with negative ease, it’s quite comfy.

Other entry about this project: starting

4 comments:

Sally said...

Very nice and the colour is gorgeous. I like your other knits too!

opportunityknits said...

You did such a good job. It's a very nice design and it fits perfectly. I don't think you need to buy pattern books anymore :)

Digie said...

heylo! nice top!! ahha sexxy lol! where did u get the yarns from?? cheap ah...

Digie from KC

Mimi said...

Its lovely, looks gorgeous on you! I envy your knitting ;)