Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My First Knitted Top Without Pattern


Actually this top was finished quite sometimes ago, but because at that time my camera was not back yet, I could not take a picture of it.

I made this top inspired by this pattern:


However, since I got the yarn very cheap (only RM 0.80 or USD 0.22/ball), it seemed such a waste to spend USD7.00 only for the pattern. I also thought, this would be a good knitting practice for me. If it is turn out not nice, I can simply throw it away and forget about it.


Pattern: My Own (inspired by Simple Knitted Bodice)
Source: NA
Materials: Croft Nylon DK, 100% nylon, 20 gram each, Made in England, Red Color (13 balls x 50 yards)
Needles: 3.5 mm Addi Turbo circular needle
Total Cost: RM 0.80 x 13 = RM10.40 or USD 2.80
Start Date: 20 Sep 2006
Finish Date: 27 Oct 2006


It turned out quite OK, although I wished that I knitted a bit longer before started the lace pattern on the waist, because as you can see on the photo, my bra was showing. Probably I should wear natural color bra if I wanted to wear this out. My original plan was to make the long sleeve version, but since this is not cotton, in the end I made short sleeve version so it would not too hot to wear out. The yarn itself was quite stretchy, so although I made this top with negative ease, it’s quite comfy.

Other entry about this project: starting

4 comments:

Sally said...

Very nice and the colour is gorgeous. I like your other knits too!

opportunityknits said...

You did such a good job. It's a very nice design and it fits perfectly. I don't think you need to buy pattern books anymore :)

Anonymous said...

heylo! nice top!! ahha sexxy lol! where did u get the yarns from?? cheap ah...

Digie from KC

Mimi said...

Its lovely, looks gorgeous on you! I envy your knitting ;)