Finally my Kiri is DONE….or I decided that I got enough of it and done with it after 18 repeats. This was my first attempt of making shawl. I kind of like it. Although the beginning was very slow since I haven’t memorize the pattern yet and keep looking at the instruction.
Pattern: Kiri Shawl
Materials: 100% Cotton DMC Tradition Natural color (2 balls x 400 yards)
Needles: 3.75 mm Pony circular needle
Total Cost: RM 12.5 x 2 = RM25 or USD 6.75
Start Date: 29 July 2006
Finish Date: 14 Sep 2006
During the process of blocking, to my horror, I realized that the color of the shawl is different, I mean the shawl has 2 different shade of color. I checked my stash and I found out that the 10 balls of DMC that I got from e-bay has 2 different lot numbers and 5 balls has darker color compare to the other 5 balls. Just my luck that I picked up 2 different balls when I knitted this shawl. Now, I have 3 choices: unravel until the part when the color is different and continue with the matching color, dye the shawl with darker color, or leave it as it is and think the 2 tone color is on purpose.
From this above picture, you can see the 2 different shade colors
I tied the shawl on the back to get the shrug effect and freed my hand
Anyway, I saw this and this finished shawl and make me want to make another one. I was thinking to use the Sundara yarn. But, after checking out the price: WOW. That is too expensive for my pocket (not to mention have to add the shipping cost).