Friday, December 04, 2009

My Knitting Needles

I love Addi knitting needle. I can only enjoy knitting if my needle is Addi. Of course I haven’t tried other needles, but why waste my money to buy other needles since I love the one that I have (unless it’s free, of course). Here were the sizes of Addi needles that I had: Lace addi 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 mm and for Addi Turbo 3.25 (2 pcs), 3.5, 3.75 mm.

If you notice, the biggest size that I had is 4.00 mm and it’s Addi Lace. Thus, all these time when I knit to use size 4.00 mm, I had to use my lace needle, although I was not knitting lace project, but I was not complaining, until recently.



Recently I started new knitting project (Sage New Version). This time I am knitting with worsted weight yarn that split a lot and knitting with sharp point needles (Addi lace is sharper) was not a good idea. So, I decided to buy bigger sizes of Addi Turbo from ebay. After hunting around for a week, finally I found a seller that selling 6 pairs of Addi turbo (you can choose the size of your needle and the length of the cord) for total USD30.98 and this is including shipping cost! I bought sizes 4.00, 4.50, 5.00, 5.50, 6.00 and 6.50 mm with 32” cable. I got my needles already and very satisfied. I know that buying from ebay means I don’t have the lifetime warranty. But, what is the chance you break your Addi?


To tell you the truth, I was tempted to buy Addi Click Interchangeable needles. But, beside the expensive price, I was also afraid that I got the set that doesn’t have the perfect connection (I read that some people experienced sponteneous click off while knitting using Addi click). Where should I return it? Not to mention the shipping cost and the hazzle that I have to go through. Sooooo, to be in the safe side, just “normal” Addi for me. I normally work 1 project at a time anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.