Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Update on Lace Sleeves Top

Remember my lace sleeves top? Last week, after I wore it the third times, I decided to add the bottom with lace edging. At first I was lazy to open the bind off, and just want to crochet the additional lace edging. However, after think about it further, I decided not to do that since I was afraid it will be too much. Another reason is that not everybody can knit and crochet. So why limit my market to only people that can knit and crochet? So in the end I decided to just use the same lace motifs as the lace on the sleeves. Since I still got 1 skein leftover, I just frogged the last 8 rows of the garter stitch bottom and replace it with the lace, plus I used up the whole 1 skein of yarn (I only have about a yard or so leftover). I think I like the result more now.





3 comments:

Mimi said...

Its a very nice addition, Lily. The top is lovely...with this lace bottom the length is just right :)

Unknown said...

I like the new border, better. Is the pattern available yet?

Unknown said...

I like the new border, better. Is the pattern available yet?