Thursday, April 28, 2011

FO: Liliiflora Shawlette

In case you are wondering about the progressed of my Liliiflora shawlette after my last post, I am happy to tell you that it’s done and I really like the result. I really like the border pattern and at first I was not sure whether the lace stitch that I picked for the body would work. As you can see that the body lace pattern very lacey and holey and the border seems more solid that the body. Many times during the knitting part of the body, I was tempted to frog and choose more solid pattern or probably just use plain stockinette stitch. I am glad that I didn’t.

I used about 477 m or 530 yards of yarn to make 18 repeats wide pattern. I think the length is just perfect for a shawlette. I also think this pattern is perfect for 1 skein of Wollmeise.


Pattern: Liliiflora Shawlette
Source: here
Materials: Fingering weight yarn 100% merino (201090619710) in purple colorway.
Qty: 1.59 x 100 gram (300 m/100 gram, 477 m total).
Needles: Addi lace 4.00 mm
Start Date: 10 March 2011
Finish Date: 2 April 2011
Finished size: 160 cm (63") across top edge, 40 cm (16") depth

1 comment:

DesiLoop said...

Lovely Shawl design Lily!