Wednesday, April 13, 2011

FO: Remember Me Crocheted Shawl

Remember my entry about my new crochet project? Yup, it's done and it's really really pretty (it's OK to admire my own work, right?). I still could not believe that my construction worked nicely for this shawl. This shawl is work from the top down and has no seaming! Looks complicated but it is very easy. It has only 3-rows repeat pattern that is easy to memorize.

The idea of this shawl is started when I wanted a shawl with lace panels on the center and all sides of edges without any seaming. I also didn’t want the solid part to be just plain dc. I wanted a bit of texture to it. I also want it to be easily adjusted so people can make as small or as big as they want to. I did a lot of experiments before finally get to this combination and really like the result. This shawl came out just exactly like I imagined it. I don’t know the name of the yarn. I got it on sale without label, all I know it’s 100% wool, but I like working with it and it blocked beautifully.




Pattern: Remember Me
Source: You can buy it here or Ravelry or my Etsy (see link at about me)
Materials: Light fingering 100% wool. Lavender colorway.
Qty: 3 x 50 gram (230 m/50 gram, 690 m total).
Needles: Clover hook 3.50 mm Start
Date: 7 March 2011
Finish Date: 14 March 2011
Finished size: 58” across top edge, 29” long from centre top to point


So, tell me what you think?

8 comments:

Sandhya Karandikar said...

This is an absolutely stunning shawl. I love the way the lacy panel is all around the shawl.

Lily said...

Thanks so much for dropping by and the compliment.

Anonymous said...

This is probably the most breathtaking shawl I've ever seen. (is that overstating it? It's how I feel.) Stunning is definitely the word. I have too many projects right now already in the works, but when I'm ready for a projects like this, I'll be back to purchase the pattern. I love it.

Lily said...

I got the warm and fuzzy feeling reading your comment. Thanks so much for the compliments.

Angela said...

Beautiful! I have been toying with the idea of starting a new shawl soon... maybe I will give this one a whirl. :)

Lily said...

Hi Angela, thanks for you compliment.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! I've made the Garden Path, and loved it. I know I would really enjoy this one as well!!

Christi

Lily said...

Thank you Christi!