Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Crocheted Lace to Lengthen the Dress



Lauri grows very fast. Most of her dresses are too short although width wise, she still can wear them. I suppose she could wear it with pants as a tunic, but I am afraid she will have difficulty to open the pant when she goes to the toilet in the kindy. So, I made crocheted lace to lengthen the dress. I just attached the lace with running stitch. The idea is, when she can not wear this dress anymore, I just take the lace and attach it to another dress that need to be lengthen.

2 comments:

Cristina said...

That is a great idea, i never thought of using crochet in the bottom. Usualy i use it for the top fo the clothing. Nice idea, thank you for sharing.
Hope all your family had nice holidays.
Happy new year Lily and Family :)

Vicky said...

great idea!! All of your work is so beautiful. I found your blog last night and spent hours drooling over it. I especially love your sage jacket!! I will have to purchase the pattern in the near future. I am a new knitter so it will be a big challenge for me and I am also very slow so I am afraid I may hate it before I finish it!!