Remember this granny square blanket project? I decided that I didn’t like the color and put it aside. Then I started another blanket. This time I used one color only. I used the yarn that I bought from Elmore Pisgah. It’s called Naturalee. The color is dusty rose. They used natural dyes. After made about 12 squares, I decided to wash one of the squares to see how it looks like after washing and blocking. To my horror, the color bleeds very badly! But, since I made the blanket only use one color, I supposed it didn’t matter.
But, after it dried, I notice the color faded unevenly. It looked awful! I didn’t even want to take photo of it. I have total 6 balls x 50 gram. I don’t know what I am going to do with them.
Anyway, I still have something to show you all. From the leftover yarn of my Empire top, I decided to make a matching bag. Since 1 ball was not enough to make a bag, I also mixed with white color (the leftover from the Babette blanket). The pink yarn is sport weight, and the white one is worsted weight, so I split the white yarn into two to make them the same weight.
However, there were still not enough yarns to finish the bag. In the end I just used black acrylic thread (double it). The result, the black seems too strong. To balance the whole thing, I just embroidered some flowers and attached some buttons.
Now, I just need to buy black zipper and line the bag before able to wear it.
South Africa wildlife VI: the magic of water
5 hours ago