Thursday, December 27, 2007

FO: My Version of Babette Blanket

I finished it on Saturday, blocked on Monday morning and Lauri was able to use it on Christmas Eve. I love the result. I could not believe that I managed to finish it in a week (8 days exactly). This is the first time I used worsted-weight yarn and the first time I managed to finish a crocheted blanket. I am a tight crocheter, and working with such a thick yarn makes my hand painful.


Being satisfied with the end result (and was enjoying the whole process), I can’t wait to start another blanket project. Too bad that I only have 18 balls of yarns, otherwise I can make it bigger. I used up almost all yarns. Only a bit leftover, probably half a ball total.

Anyway, here is the details:


Pattern: Babette Blanket (my version) 90 cm x 90 cm
Source: Interweave Crochet, Spring 2006 edition (but I really do not use the pattern)
Materials: Honeysuckle Yarns by Elmore-Pisgah. 100% cotton.
Quantity: 101 White lot 9703 (6 balls x 50 gr), 1047 Pink (6 balls x 50 gr), 1046 Rose Pink lot 7298 (6 balls x 50 gr).
Hook: Tulip Crochet Hook size 8 (5 mm)Total Cost: Yarn USD 14.07 + Shipping USD 11.20. Total: USD 25.27
Start Date: 14 December 2007
Finish Date: 22 December 2007
All entries about this project

13 comments:

Jackie said...

A very nice piece of blankie....envy!!!

Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

It is sooo gorgeous!!! Color combination is good! I wish to make one now!

Cristina Salgueiro said...

It went out very pretty! love the colors that you udes they are so soft. I'm defenitly going to make one too :)

Lis said...

This looks so sweet!

Annie said...

wow! You super fast! This blanket is very very lovely, the colour is so sweet!

Nik said...

When I saw the blanket I thought "OoOO, I want one!" That's just beautiful, hon.

Mimi said...

Love it! Nice to see it in those colors and with a designer look.

Christy T said...

I found you on Ravelry and ABSOLUTELY LOVE your babette blankie. Soooo pretty! You can pop on over to my blog anytime :)

http://mybestfriendcallsmemartha.blogspot.com/

Hernik Widowati said...

Bagus banget .... pengen bikin juga ah... nyambung dari satu square ke yang lain pake apa ? crochet juga atau pake jarum ?

Lillysmuul said...

It's beautiful!
Especially like different size squares.

Paulina Baeza Creadora Textil
hechoamano9@gmail.com @taller_muy_freak
said...

so very cute,lovely colors greetings from chile.

Anonymous said...

Lily, I love your version of the Babette Blanket! The colors are my favorite.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.