Rapunzel, Let Down Your Hair is a half circle shaped shawl worked from the bottom up. The pattern is worked on the both the wrong and right sides. Pattern includes charts and written directions. If you would like to add beads to your shawl, I include instructions on where to place the beads.
Suggested yarn: Rendezvous Treasure
Yardage needed for S (M, L, XL, XXL):
Rendezvous Treasure 397 (566, 831, 1081, 1358) yard / 363 (517, 759, 988, 1241) meter fingering weight yarn.
Finished Sizes (Relaxed):
Wingspan: 106 (120, 144, 164, 184) cm / 41.7 (47.2, 56.7, 64.6, 72.4) "
Depth: 43 (51, 63, 71, 79) cm / 16.9 (20.1, 24.8, 28, 31.1) "
Size 4 US / 3.50 mm circular needle, at least 24" / 60 cm long. Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
Size 7 US / 4.50 mm (or bigger) circular needle, at least 24" / 60 cm long.
Notions: Tapestry needle, blocking pins, size 14 US / 0.75 mm steel crochet hook for beads (optional), stitch markers 12 pcs, 198 (252, 574, 697, 820) pcs size 6/0 glass seed beads (optional).
The Mystery KAL is divided into 7 Clues published on Monday or/and Thursday every week starting on April 28th, 2016.
1st Clue: April 28th (For All Sizes)
2nd Clue: May 5th (For All Sizes)
3rd Clue: May 12th (For Size XXL Only)
4th Clue: May 16th (For Size XXL and XL Only)
5th Clue: May 19th (For All Sizes, except Size S)
6th Clue: May 26th (For All Sizes)
7th Clue: June 2nd (For All Sizes)
To participate, you can buy the clues only for USD 5,- or the e-book for USD 15,- Payment by Paypal and delivery by Ravelry, no accounts required. Credit cards accepted.
Rapunzel, Let Down Your Hair Pattern only
add to cart
Shawl Collection to Knit 5 ebook (consist of 4 patterns: When The Leaves Fall, Love Story, Rapunzel Let Down Your Hair, and 1 future pattern)
add to cart
You can buy the kit from my Etsy store.
For this Kit, your will receive:
- One (1) or Two (2) skein(s) of Rendezvous Treasure (70% Superwash Bluefaced Leicester / 20% Silk / 10% Cashmere) 440 yards/100 gram/skein enough to make Small or Large size shawl
Note: You need to buy 2 kits to make the XL size shawl (1 Large kit + 1 small kit). Note: With these 1 Large kit and 1 Small kit, you can make the XXL size since I normally add 10% tolerance. Make sure you compare your yarn usage with the pattern diligently.
- Size 5 Miyuki Triangle beads enough to complete the project.
- Markers (12 pcs).
- Dental floss 1 or 2 strand(s).
- Pattern is NOT INCLUDED in this kit. You need to buy separately.
OPTIONAL: Knitting Bag
- The kits are in limited quantity, once sold out, it's gone.
- For bigger yarn photos, click here.
- Payment by Paypal, no accounts required. Credit cards accepted. Shipping is FREE (please make sure to update your shipping address in Paypal). Please allow 10 - 21 days to reach your hand. - Latest date to order: March 17th, 2015.
- Once you bought the pattern or the e-book, you’ll receive a notification every time a new clue is uploaded.
- You also need to sign up here, and check from time to time for tips, additional information or revision.
- On your Ravelry Project Page: Click photo, then choose slurp from web, copy and paste this link: http://images4-d.ravelrycache.com/uploads/lprajogo/358349088/Rapunzel_with_text_medium.jpg
Use this image as a first photo of your project page.
- To respect the other participants, do not post SPOILER in other thread/forum except the SPOILER thread until 2 weeks after the last clue.
- Use the tag RapunzelLetDownYourHairMKAL on Ravelry, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
At the end of the MKAL, the participants will receive a copy of the complete pattern at no additional cost. Pattern is protected by copyright, so participants in the MKAL are required to not distribute copies of the clues or copies of the whole pattern.
Info about the yarn for the Kit:
Fibers: 70% Superwash Bluefaced Leicester/20% Silk/10% Cashmere
Yardage/Weight: approx. 400 m / 440 yards / 100g
Hand Wash/lay flat to dry using bleach-free detergent.
May bleed slightly upon first wash.