Tuesday, August 17, 2010

FO: Gathering Leaves Shawl in Sock Yarn

Remember this post? Well, I didn’t have to wait 3 weeks. In about 1 week after I bought the yarn from somebody detash in ravelry, the yarn arrived. Yay!! And it matched with my previous yarns. So, I could happily continue my project. I really was enjoying working with this yarn enormously, and felt sad when it’s over.

Gathering Leaves in Fingering weight yarn

After blocking, this shawl is big enough but not as big as my black Garden Path. Too bad I don’t have more skeins. Next time I want to buy 5 skeins of sock yarn to make very big shawl. I love big shawl.

Gathering Leaves on Lauri

Gathering Leaves Edging

I really like the finish result, and actually it is nicer in real person than in the photo.

Pattern: Gathering Leaves Shawl
Source: Here
Materials: Plucky Knitter. Color: Father Goose
Qty: 3 x 100 gram (860 m/940 yards total)
Needles: Clover Hook size 4.5 (G)
Cost: USD 78 (most expensive project to date)
Start Date: 12 July 2010
Finish Date: 1 August 2010
72" across top edge, 37" long from centre top to point.


Gathering Leaves

Gathering Leaves Spread

1 comment:

sula said...

I am so besotted with how elegantly the motifs work together! Wonderful shawl!