Saturday, June 19, 2010

My First Knitting Shawl Design

Actually I did this post a bit too late. The truth was, I started designing this knit shawl on 12 April, since this was only my second knit shawl I made (but my first design), the process was a bit rocky. I had to frog so many times, and the worst was when I almost finish the shawl only to realize that I miss calculated the yardage. That means I have to start all over again since this shawl is working bottom up. I was amazed that the yarn was still looking OK despite all the abused. Once everything was recalculated, knitting it was a breeze. Re-started on 29 April and finished on 2 May.

Photobucket

Since I was not at home when I finished the shawl, I could not block it properly. So, the lace didn’t really open up in the picture above. I love it regardless.

Photobucket

Source: Here
Materials: Indigo Moon (100% merino wool superwash)
Color: Majestic Purple Lot # 1278
Qty: 1 x 100 gram (342 m / 370 yards)
Needles: Addi Metal Circular Needle 4.50 mm
Cost: Free (Yay!!)
Start Date: 29 April 2010
Finish Date: 2 May 2010

Photobucket

I have done writing the pattern and Kitman nice enough to test for me.
So, I will release the pattern soon!

Oh, I think I will name this shawl “Bella”, since I was reading Twilight when I was knitting it.

Photobucket