Somewhere in mid November, while I was working on my Sage Cardigan New Version, I got the urge to make a shawl. Probably because I saw lots of gorgeous shawls in Ravelry (mostly knit). So I decided to design my own shawl, but crocheted version. I thought it would be easy, just open my crochet stitch dictionary book and choose the stitch that I like. Turn out that it didn’t as easy as I thought. I started many times and frogged too many times. My mind spinned with lots of ideas, but somehow when I crocheted the idea, it didn’t look good. I got many sleepless nights before finally I got the design that I like and satisfied with the result.
Now, I am making 2 versions of this shawl. One is scarf (smaller) and one is a shawl (bigger). I started the bigger version shawl using my Zephyr Wool-Silk 2/18 - Cone Black color held double. Halfway, I decided to put bead on it, so I ordered glass beads from ebay. While waiting for the beads to come, I started the scarf version. For the scarf version, I was using my leftover yarn of my crocheted blue top. It’s a DK cotton yarn, but I splitted into 3. I started 2 December and finished 17 December. I could finish it in a week, but putting the beads (I used local plastic beads) really took time.
I haven’t writen the pattern for this, so for temporary I just give you a sneak peak.
South Africa wildlife VI: the magic of water
18 hours ago