Wednesday, August 16, 2006

First (Knitting) FO

Finally I got my circular Addi on Friday to do the edges around the cardigan and around the sleeves. After several mistakes (first, I picked up to little stiches around the corner -> rip, then I found out that there is a "hole"-> another rip), finally I manage to finish this project. Then directly try it on my baby on top of her shirt. And ...... it fits nicely.


Here the front photo:

The back photo:



Pattern: : Lauri Cardigan (well, that is what I called)

Source: Japanese Magazine

Materials: 100% Cotton Miami Four Season in Pink 2 Balls

Needles: 3.5 mm Bamboo and 3.5 mm Addi circular

Total Cost: RM 26 x 2 plus 1 Button RM 1.5 = RM 53.50 or USD 14.50

Start Date: 16 July 2006

Finish Date: 14 August 2006

It took me so long because I had to wait for my Addi circular needle to arrive (see this post).

Overall, I like my knitting experience although crochet is still my first love. I hate it when I had some mistake and I have to unpick. Regardless, I would like to take more chalanging project in the future. Probably some lace and cardigan for myself.

About my new needle? I love it!! I love knitting more after I use this needle. Probably I will order another sizes.

3 comments:

opportunityknits said...

I saw your post on the forum! Glad you like the addis. Aren't you glad you didn't buy the interchangeable set?

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you would give us the pattern stitch for us? I love the pattern on this. It's one I would like to use on a project of mine. You do fantastic work and I absolutely love your styles!!
bhatch

Lily said...

Hi Barbara, I can't find your email address, so I will answer your question here. The pattern stich is very easy. You just do YO follow by k2tog, or k2tog follow by YO on the place you want to have a hole.