Thursday, June 01, 2006

Can I make crocheted blanket ?

I made doily before. I also made cardigan. However, I never made any crocheted blanket before. Why? Because a blanket, in order to give you warmth, it need to cover your body, if you know what I mean. I don't know whether I have the patient to crochet that big of object.

Anyway, I decided to give it a try.

I am trying to make below pattern that I got from japanese crocheted book.




I bought 9 balls of acrylic yarn (each 40 gram) from local handicraft shop. They are cheap. Each only cost me RM1.5 or US$0.40. So, total only cost me less than US$4.

I made 4 motifs, and this is how it looks like:

After making 36 pcs:

According to the pattern, I need to make 155 pcs total. But, I can not wait to see the result. So, after I made these 36 pcs, I joined them together to see how it looks like. Here is the result:

Nice? I think so. The problem is: I have to make another 119 pcs!

The thing I don't like about this pattern is that there is a lot of strands that need to be weave in due to color changing. Oh well.....

1 comment:

opportunityknits said...

Hi Lily, found your blog today. That's a pretty blanket. I would love to crochet a blanket too, one day. When you change colour, maybe you could hold the previous colour yarn and crochet over that for a few stitches, so that saves the weaving in?