Monday, July 15, 2013

FO: Fox and The Grapes

I made 2 samples out of this pattern. The first sample was small sample (8 repeats) using only 1 skein of my Rendezvous Silky Tempatation in Sofia colorway. I love this color so much. It is deep solid purple and shows the pattern very well.

I didn't put any beads on this shawl because I didn't know whether I like the result of the pattern or not, so it was better not to put effort to add the beads. There was always probability that I had to unravel the whole thing if I didn't like it.

And the result?




Pattern: Fox and The Grapes (Small - 8 Repeats)
Source: here
Quantity: 1 skein (100g, 400 yards)
Needles: 3.5 mm (US 4), 4.5 mm (US 7) circular needle
Start Date: 5 February 2013
Finish Date: 15 February 2013
Finished Size on Blocking Board: : 110 cm (43.3") across top edge, 60 cm (23.6") depth.

Stunning isn't it? I love the result so much and starting to work on the pattern. While I was working on the pattern, I got the idea of using different cast on to imitate the look of the loop-edging like the one on my Narnia.

Right after I finished write the pattern, I immediately working on my second sample. This time I used 2 skeins of Rendezvous Silky Temptation in Burgundy Wine to make larger shawl (in the end, I run out of yarn and had to use a bit of the third skein).

I didn't have the patient to wait for my beads to arrive, so I had to use whatever color I have. Luckily, I have round size 6/0 seed beads in color "Silver Lined Crystal" (Color Code: 21). However, I didn't have enough quantity to use for large sample. So, I decided to combine with 6/0 Toho Seed Beads 30-Silver-Lined Milky Pomegranate (Color Code: 28).

I must say that I love the look of the loopy edging, although it took forever to cast-on. Funny enough I was quite enjoying the process of cast-on, although I had to unravel twice before I finally like the result. I was in the dilemma whether I had write the pattern using this kind of cast-on or not. I was worry that nobody wants to do it. In the end, I decided to write both cast-on options.

Here is the result:






Pattern: Fox and The Grapes (Medium - 12 Repeats)
Source: here
Quantity: 2.05 skein (205g, 820 yards)
Needles: 3.5 mm (US 4), 4.5 mm (US 7) circular needle
Start Date: 22 March 2013
Finish Date: 11 April 2013
Finished Size on Blocking Board: : 166 cm (65.4") across top edge, 89 cm (35") depth.

No comments: