Wednesday, December 07, 2011

FO: Rendezvous Shawl

This is the first shawl I made using the yarn that hand-dyed by my husband. However because of the process editing and testing took longer time, I published Piquant earlier.
When I designed this pattern, I though it will be lovely in this bold solid color, so I requested him to dye this color for me. Since this pattern is my design and using his hand-dyed yarn, I think Rendezvous seems to be a very suitable name.

This yarn has excellent yardage. At first I make 8 repeats size, halfway through, I realized that I probably could make 9 repeats size with this yarn. So, I frogged the whole thing and started all over again.





Pattern: Rendezvous
Source: here
Materials: Rendezvous Yarn 100% Merino Superwash (Burnt Orange color) light fingering weight 1 skein (100g, 490 yards)
Qty: 1 x 100 gram (490 yards)
Needles: 3.5 mm (US 4) and 4.0 mm (US 6) circular needles
Start Date: 21 September 2011
Finish Date: 8 October 2011
Finished size: 55" wide by 26.5" deep

1 comment:

Mmatilda said...

I have never seen anything like this, really beautiful, really special!