Monday, January 31, 2011

FO: Poison Ivy Shawl

I make this shawl in October 2010, but never got opportunity to snap a nice modeled photo, so it has to wait until now. This is my first experienced to work with Sundara yarn. I must admit that I enjoy working it and as you can see here the color is amazing.

Photobucket


Pattern: Poison Ivy
Source: Here
Materials: Sundara Sock Yarn 100% Merino Wool, color: Grape over Grey Violet
Qty: 350 yards (still have leftover 20 yards).
Needles: 4.00 mm (US 6) circular needle
Cost: USD 28 (including shipping fee, bought from eressea’s detash in Ravelry
Start Date: 1 October 2010
Finish Date: 18 October 2010
Finishe size: 42" across top edge, 23" long from centre top to point


Anyway, this is my third knitting shawl design, after Bella and Metropolitan Shawl. This time I tried different construction. Instead bottom-up construction, I used top-down. I must say that I prefer top-down. I also tried to use more complicated side edging.

And….. I got technical editor checking out this pattern. Isn’t it cool!

No comments: