Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Official Post for Falling Leaves Top

Falling Leaves is my first FO and my first published pattern for 2009. Last year I managed to reach my target to publish 3 patterns in a year. Hopefully, this year I can publish another 3 patterns as well.

It took me almost 3 months to finish this top, since I had to frog and re-designed almost the whole thing when I didn’t like the result of the original version. Actually, the original result not so bad, but I could not live with a “not so bad” FO. So, after sleeping over it I decided to frog.

I really like the result of this new version and I have worn this top many times already. As for the yarn, this is my first experienced to knit with 4-ply yarn. As you probably know that I like to knit using fine yarn. DK weight yarn is too thick for me to wear in this tropical island. This is the reason why sometimes I split my DK yarn into two to make it finer. However, since I know that most of people don’t like the idea to work with fine yarn that is why I write the pattern for DK weight yarn as well.

Photobucket

Pattern: Falling Leaves
Source: Here
Materials: Jaegar Sienna 4 ply. Color: Blue, SH 405, lot 1697051
Qty: 8 x 50 gram (140 m / 153 yards per ball)
Needles: Addi Metal Circular Needle 3.50 mm
Cost: Yarn USD 26.60 + button USD 10
Start Date: 3 November 2008
Finish Date: 22 January 2009