Saturday, February 14, 2009

Official Post for Falling Leaves Top

Falling Leaves is my first FO and my first published pattern for 2009. Last year I managed to reach my target to publish 3 patterns in a year. Hopefully, this year I can publish another 3 patterns as well.

It took me almost 3 months to finish this top, since I had to frog and re-designed almost the whole thing when I didn’t like the result of the original version. Actually, the original result not so bad, but I could not live with a “not so bad” FO. So, after sleeping over it I decided to frog.

I really like the result of this new version and I have worn this top many times already. As for the yarn, this is my first experienced to knit with 4-ply yarn. As you probably know that I like to knit using fine yarn. DK weight yarn is too thick for me to wear in this tropical island. This is the reason why sometimes I split my DK yarn into two to make it finer. However, since I know that most of people don’t like the idea to work with fine yarn that is why I write the pattern for DK weight yarn as well.

Photobucket

Pattern: Falling Leaves
Source: Here
Materials: Jaegar Sienna 4 ply. Color: Blue, SH 405, lot 1697051
Qty: 8 x 50 gram (140 m / 153 yards per ball)
Needles: Addi Metal Circular Needle 3.50 mm
Cost: Yarn USD 26.60 + button USD 10
Start Date: 3 November 2008
Finish Date: 22 January 2009