Saturday, March 11, 2017

FO: Road to Yesterday

I named this cowl Road to Yesterday because it looks like a cowl from Victorian era. The name is also actually the title of Lucy Maud Montgomery's short story book. That is why I named the yarns for the kit: A Dream Come True, A Commonplace Woman, The Twins Pretend, The Cheated Child, and Fool's Errand. Those are the titles of the short stories.

I made 2 versions, the long cowl using fingering weight yarn and short cowl using DK weight yarn. I love both... but the DK one is my favorite.

Actually I made the fingering weight one end of 2015, but it hibernate for 1 year before I finally published it end of last year.

Here are the long cowl using fingering weight yarn modeled by me.




Pattern: Road to Yesterday (largest size)
Materials: Rendezvous Precious (437 yd/100g skein; 80% Superwash Merino / 10% Cashmere / 10% Nylon) in Glorious colorway
Quantity: 1 skein
Hook: 3.50 mm
Start Date: 2 December 2015
Finish Date: 16 December 2015
Finished Size: Circumference: 48" / 120 cm ; Height: 8" / 20 cm


Road to Yesterday in DK weight modeled by my daughter.





Pattern: Road to Yesterday (smallest size) 
Materials: Rendezvous Cashmere DK (200 yd/50g skein; 100% Cashmere) in Fool's Errand colorway 
Quantity: 1 skein 
Hook: 3.50 mm 
Start Date: 14 September 2016 
Finish Date: 4 October 2016 
Finished Size: Circumference: 20" / 50 cm ; Height: 8" / 20 cm

No comments: