Wednesday, August 03, 2016
Butterfly Dream Catcher is a crescent shaped shawl worked from the bottom up, with the narrow curved shape of lace is created by short rows. The pattern is worked on the both the wrong and right sides. Pattern includes charts and written directions. If you would like to add beads to your shawl, I include instructions on where to place the beads.
Suggested yarn: Rendezvous Precious
Yardage needed for S (M, L, XL, XXL): Rendezvous Precious 390 (570, 750, 970, 1200) yard / 360 (520, 690, 890, 1100) meter fingering weight yarn.
Finished Sizes (Relaxed):
Wingspan: 122 (146, 170, 194, 218) cm / 48 (57.5, 67, 76.5, 86) "
Depth: 37 (45, 53, 61, 69) cm / 14.5 (17.5, 21, 24, 27) "
Size 4 US / 3.5 mm circular needle, at least 24" / 60 cm long.
Size 6 US / 4.0 mm circular needle, at least 24" / 60 cm long.
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
Notions: Tapestry needle, blocking pins, size 14 US / 0.75 mm steel crochet hook for beads (optional), stitch markers, 138 (178, 218, 258, 298) pcs size 6/0 seed beads or size 5/0 triangle beads (optional).
The Mystery KAL is divided into 6 Clues published on Thursday every week starting on September 29th, 2016.
1st Clue: September 29th
2nd Clue: October 6th
3rd Clue: October 13th
4th Clue: October 20th
5th Clue: October 27th
6th Clue: November 3rd
To participate, you can buy the clues only for USD 5,- or the e-book for USD 15,- Payment by Paypal and delivery by Ravelry, no accounts required. Credit cards accepted.
Butterfly Dream Catcher Pattern only
add to cart
Shawl Collection to Knit 5 ebook (consist of this MKAL plus 3 other patterns: When The Leaves Fall, Love Story, Rapunzel Let Down Your Hair)
add to cart
You can buy the kit from my Etsy store.
For this Kit, your will receive:
- Small Kit: One (1) skein of Rendezvous Precious (80% Merino / 20% Cashmere) - 437 yards/400 meter/95 gram/skein enough to make Small size shawl (Wingspan: 122 cm / 48"; Depth: 37 cm / 14.5")
- Large Kit: Two (2) skeins of Rendezvous Precious (80% Merino / 20% Cashmere) - 437 yards/400 meter/95 gram/skein enough to make Large size shawl (Wingspan: 170 cm / 67"; Depth: 53 cm / 21")
- XXL Kit: Three (3) skeins of Rendezvous Precious (80% Merino / 20% Cashmere) - 437 yards/400 meter/95 gram/skein enough to make XXL size shawl (Wingspan: 218 cm / 86"; Depth: 69 cm / 27")
- Size 5 Miyuki triangle beads enough to complete the project
- Pattern is NOT INCLUDED in this kit. You need to buy separately in Ravelry or my blog.
You can buy the kit with one (1) pc Sheep knitting project bag.
Dimension: 10” wide x 13” tall. The squared boxy bottom allows you to roll down the rim of the bag and it will stand up beside you while you knit/crochet.
It is fully lined with coordinating pink cotton and has two interior pockets to help organize notions and scissors.
- The kits are in limited quantity, once sold out, it's gone.
- For bigger yarn photos, click here.
- Payment by Paypal, no accounts required. Credit cards accepted. Shipping is FREE (please make sure to update your shipping address in Paypal). Please allow 10 - 21 days to reach your hand. - Latest date to order: August 21st, 2016.
- Once you bought the pattern or the e-book, you’ll receive a notification every time a new clue is uploaded.
- You also need to sign up here, and check from time to time for tips, additional information or revision.
- On your Ravelry Project Page: Click photo, then choose slurp from web, copy and paste this link: http://images4-cdn.ravelrycache.com/uploads/lprajogo/389844844/Butterfly_Dream_Catcher.jpg
Use this image as a first photo of your project page.
- To respect the other participants, do not post SPOILER in other thread/forum except the SPOILER thread until 2 weeks after the last clue.
- Use the tag ButterflyDreamCatcherMKAL on Ravelry, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
At the end of the MKAL, the participants will receive a copy of the complete pattern at no additional cost. Pattern is protected by copyright, so participants in the MKAL are required to not distribute copies of the clues or copies of the whole pattern.
Info about the yarn for the Kit:
Weight: Fingering Fibers: 80% Merino/20% Cashmere
Yardage/Weight: approx. 400 m / 437 yards / 95g
Hand Wash/lay flat to dry using bleach-free detergent.
May bleed slightly upon first wash.