Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 23, 2010

Run Out of Yarn....Again!!!!

""


I am in the middle of designing another crocheted shawl. I name this new design "Gathering Leaves". I used my lace Malabrigo (amoroso color), however, I run out of yarn and could not finish the edging properly. It is still nice but not like the pattern. So, I decided to buy another yarn, this time I bought 2 skeins of "Plucky Knitter" sock yarn in green color from detash in Ravelry (suitable with the name of the pattern: leaves = green) to give an idea how the pattern looks like if crocheted with sock yarn plus I will be able to test my own pattern. I follow the written pattern this time instead of looking at the chart.

However, I almost pulled my hair, when I found out that, again, I run out of yarn. I missed calculated, thinking that the yardage of each skein is 500 yards (it's 400 yards). Luckily I found another skein in the same color (not sure whether it will match) from somebody that detashing in Ravelry. Sooooo, I contacted her and bought her skein. I only will receive the yarn next 3 weeks. I only need to crochet another 4 rows, and now I have to wait for 3 weeks before I will be able to finish it and release the pattern. Sighhh.....

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Bella Cape

Whenever I started a shawl project, Lauri would ask me whether it was for her. So I decided to make one for her using my Bella Shawl pattern. I modified the pattern and made it into square to become a cape. Basically I just double up the shawl, left out the several rows on top, and added buttons.

I used Pierrot yarn that I ordered online. I wanted to try this yarn since I saw a very pretty granny square blanket using this yarn. I thought that I also wanted to make blanket using it, and before I bought 50+ balls of this yarn, I thought I wanted to try it first. So I ordered 5 balls first to make cape for Lauri.

However, the tragedy happened. I forgot that I am not supposed to wash-machine non superwash 100% wool. Just imagine my surprised when I picked up this felted thing from my washing machine. I could not recognize it at first, until I realized what had happened. Well, unfortunately, this is become my first “felted” project.

The sad thing was that I made this cape quite big and I even could wear it. When it came out from washing machine, it shrank! It looked like a collar. It’s even too small for Lauri. Not to be desperate, I tried to block out the cape (now collar). I tried to tretch it using all my strength. I pinned the “collar” on my blocking board and stretched it until it could not stretch anymore.

And you can see it yourself below, how it looks like now:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Source: Here
Materials: Pierrot Soft Merino Fingering
Color: 313-6 Pale Red Brown
Qty: 4.1 x 40 gram (750 m / 685 yards)
Needles: Addi Metal Circular Needle 4.50 mm
Cost: USD 14.71 (including shipping)
Start Date: 2 June 2010
Finish Date: 26 June 2010

Friday, July 02, 2010

You Love Me..... You Love Me Not..... You Love Me.....