Friday, April 09, 2010

Smocking Dress

Today I want to show you some of Lauri’s new dresses that she got this year. Most of Lauri’s dresses are smocking dresses with embroidery on it. Nope, it’s not me who made these. I haven’t tried my hand on smocking yet, although I understand the concept. Too bad that these lovelies only wearable for 1 or 2 years for each girl (once they are too small for Lauri, then I will keep them for a while before hand down to Fiori). After that I am thinking to chop them up and make them into a patchwork blanket or something since all these made of cotton material.













2 comments:

Connie Fossenier said...

Your dresses are beautiful...she is one lucky gal...I wish I could sew.
connie paxman

Mimi said...

Lovely dresses, esp. the yellow with red flowers. The smocking technique looks very interesting...