Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Current Project

This is one of the current project I have on hand. The pattern is from Australian Patchwork and Quilting Magazine Vol 10 No. 6. The patchwork is done using the traditional English paper-piecing method. Which involves basting fabric shapes over paper, then whip-stitching the paper together to form the quilt top. Once the pieces have been joined, the papers are then removed and the quilt is basted and hand-quilted.

So far, I have finished the patchwork and already started hand-quilting the center part. I started this project last year. It's a slow progress as I don't have really much time plus I also have crochet project on hand. Plus, when I quilt, I really must concentrate on what I am doing, otherwise I will get un-even stitch. This is the second quilt I make. How about the first one? That's another story.

No comments: